I always knew time was our most precious commodity, but it never ceases to amaze me the significance of 15, 10, 5, or even 1 minute. This applies to both my personal and professional life.
- I realized last night it took me less time (by about a half hour) to put my son to bed if he was in bed 15 min. earlier.
- My son is a much less rebellious kid if I spend 20 min. a day giving him undivided attention (he has a new sister he is adapting to)
- Feeding a baby, even 2 minutes earlier when hungry makes a HUGE difference
- Missing a CMBS wire cutoff (by minutes) could cost a borrower thousands of dollars in interest as they would get charged interest for the full month. (Thankfully, I have not had to learn this the hard way, but I did develop an ulcer trying to come up with every solution to not miss this deadline)
- Getting Committee approval on a bank loan quickly could save a borrower a huge re-trade (especially in today's market)
- Completing the paperwork for the borrower to lock a life company loan when they thought they had an hour and 3 mins. to complete vs. 3 min. (Mountain time vs. PST) can save the borrower thousands in their payments.
I have often been called impatient when it comes to closings.
I like to call it respectful of time's significance :).
Time - cherish it, value it, respect it. The significance of 1 second can change a lot.
Contributed by Shelly Dunbar, Senior Vice President
As your exclusive advisors, CommCap utilizes proprietary systems, market expertise, and years of experience to secure aggressive financing options that best fit your property. Exclusive correspondent and servicing relationships with Life Insurance Company, CMBS, and Agency lenders ensure a broad and in-depth representation of current market conditions. Our team of advisors craft a loan structured to enhance revenue and allow you to focus on increasing cash flow.
We do not list, sell, manage, or lease property. We only arrange financing and are the best at what we do.